My Life Song.




I met a missionary once who told me that she keeps three type of friends close at hand.
A strong Christian friend that she leans and gleans from to grow, a friend at nearly the same level as her to challenge and be challenged by, and someone who needs Jesus to hone her witnessing skills.
I liked this - at different times they have been different women, but I have utilized this in my life.

Over the past years, I have been through a great many of life's trials and obstacles, joys, pains, deaths and births. All these have made me who I am today, but how I handled them really demonstrates to others- who I am. I have learned to pause, to pray and to study God's word so I become a better illustration of Christ. 

At age 52 I know this. I love Jesus and serve him, I am not ashamed of that. I love his promise to prosper me and I enjoy the life he has given me - not perfect - but it has such possibilities and love.
I have had to work on myself a lot. I have failed a lot - but always because He never gives up on me - I return to Him.
I have had to learn to trust God in all things and mostly, when burdens are so very heavy, I cry out to Jesus. Boy, I sure do, and He is my greatest comforter. He never fails, he never gives up on me. 
I am a sinner - I fail - I sometimes succeed but always I am loved and I am His, that makes all the difference.

There is a group - Casting Crowns - that has a song that I love.

Lifesong
Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
Now joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight


May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to you

Let my lifesong sing to you
Let my lifesong sing to you
I want to sign your name
To the end of this day
knowing my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to you

I want that to be my anthem. I want people to know who I served. I want to have led a path of showing others what it is like to know Jesus. I want you to see him love and kindness through me.
Let My lifesong sing to you Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run Little Dog Run

To The Moon and Back Again!

Sifting Thoughts