Torn in half

Dad is on Hospice now.
My daughter is 2 weeks away from her due date.

Happy - sad.




I have two extremes in my life right now.
I have decided not to let either run into the other. I will be sad for my dad when the time comes and be elated for my grandchild when he arrives.

We believe in a Kingdom that will bring us all together one day and that hope resides deep within me to carry me through the hard times.

I have a job with heavy deadlines - the newspaper business is not stress free - it has its moments but it keeps my mind occupied. I need that.

I am excited to teach the little one new things - mom mom things and to introduce him to a world of exciting realms. I have already derived a mental list a creative bin all divvied into age categories. I am excited and fearful for this little guy coming into a world that is so jumbled. But I will welcome him with hugs and kisses and squeezes.

I will rest on that for now.
Dad will meet him I hope - if not it will be my duty to introduce him in pictures and stories.
But I have hope.







Comments

  1. The tide comes in, and goes out. It brings new things and takes treasures with it when it leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and sometimes life is never the same again....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Run Little Dog Run

To The Moon and Back Again!

Sifting Thoughts